Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving...Quarantined Style


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! As some of you know, Alec came down with Swine Flu Tuesday. (Although my parents are convinced he has in-law-i-tis.) Every time they plan on coming up, he comes down with something...bloody throat, swine flu, anything to keep us from getting together! Haha, I really don't think he has in-law-i-tis. Just really, really, bad timing! Since we were "quarantined", only Charlotte was able to join us since she had the vaccine.

Luckily, all those years of drinking tons of orange juice has paid off, no swine flu for me! (OK, I know that cant be what keeps me healthy, but something had to have given me a super human immune system right?)

We certainly made the best of our Thanksgiving Day. Even though I debated just ordering Chinese food, I decided Wednesday while I was in the grocery store to just go for it and I bought a 10 lb turkey and all the fixins'. Everything came out delicious! All those years of watching my mom, grandmas, and aunts prepare has paid off! Although I made squash pie instead of pumpkin by accident, then the pumpkin pie burned, and I did not even attempt Auntie K's cranberry bread, everything else was delish! Luckily my mom sent me her pumpkin pie, and Auntie K sent her cranberry bread so we were able to enjoy with leftovers. (Thank you!) By Thursday, Alec was feeling much better, and was able to eat too much and overdose on Turkey like the rest of us!

Sunday we got our tree and decorated the house. No 17 foot tree this year, and I am not going to lie, I did not miss hauling that monster in! (Last year I literally almost lost my life!) Clark Griswold took the year off from competing with the white house. (Thankfully!)

Tomorrow we go in early for a full day of appointments, and the first day of chemo/radiation.

Hopefully all will go smoothly and the next 5 weeks will go by fast!

Happy Monday and will update soon!

Love,

Heather, Alec and Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment