Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Redneck on a Roid Rage...

Trees, chipmunks and chainsaws oh my!

Holy Roid Rage. That is what I call Alec on steroids. Remember how I said it gave him energy? Well that was an understatement.

Last weekend I woke up to a chainsaw. It was 5:30 am, it cant be Alec can it!? Ugg. I just wanted to sleep! An hour later I was too curious and went downstairs. Alec had already taken down half the trees in our backyard! Holy cow! I am still in shock that he did this alone...these were not small trees or skinny trees, they were HUGE maple and pine trees! The night before we had just discussed tree companies and costs and got some advice from Jean, our neighbor. Well I guess Alec decided to take matters into his own hands.

If any one has been to our home, you know that we have to sort of "follow" the sun. It shines on the left side of the deck in the morning, the middle around noon and then over to the right side after 2:00, then into the woods after about 3:00. Well, with the trees gone there is sun all over the place! It is amazing, he is amazing. We still have about 10 trees that could come down, and I sure Alec will be chopping those next week. I am not going to lie, I was having 15 small heart attacks every time I heard a tree fall. They make such a loud boom and the earth would shake. He did have one of them fall on my lilac tree which I am not too happy about, but I will take sunshine over lilacs any day. He worked in the yard until dark...I swear I am about to steal a few of his steroid pills for myself.

So I guess this week I am married to Paul Bunyon. Which makes me the Ox since I was the one hauling the timber off the yard. We will have enough fire wood for at least 2 years!

This is a group of trees that he had already taken half down by the time I got out of bed and took a picture...



He looks cute bald right!??

Look Out MILLIE!

Timber!!!!


I think you get the idea that Alec is feeling pretty darn good. He still has a mega appetite and can be a bit moody here and there, which is where I get the "roid rage" phrase from, (I think he now takes his rage out on trees) Glad I am not a tree.

Or a chipmunk...he finally got the guts to kill the pesky little critters. I think he totals around 5, probably massacred an entire family. He walks around the house with his pellet gun (which looks like a real rifle) and camo pants. Our poor neighbors are trying to sell their home and there is Alec, creeping around the woods with a gun. How nice.

We put the boat in last weekend too! Lobtah's, stripahs and sun here we come! Uncle Rick gave us a few of his lobster traps which is awesome since we lost a few last summer. Caryn and Charlotte accompanied Alec on Sunday for a cruise and some fishing while I went to the beach and basked in the sun until 5:00PM! So beautiful at GRB. Lovin this awesome weather.

He only has one more week of lymphoma treatment. Yay!

That's all for now! Thank you for all the prayers and support, we are so blessed!

Love,

Heather, Alec & Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment