Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston in my heart...

This is just so unbelievable to me. I guess because it literally hit home, Boston, the marathon, my family who live there, I work there, my friend Maria who ran this year for Alec...it is all just surreal.

Luckily, as far as I know, everyone is OK. Jill and Brian are home safe in Southie, Tina was home with the girls and Bob is working in Boston but so far we think he is alright, just busy and thankfully, Maria and her family are all fine too.

It is so frightening, and really, this does terrorize the nation. The marathon is such an incredibly inspiring event. So many trained for months, raised thousands of dollars for charity's and crossing the finish line is supposed to be so special, not horrifying. It makes me mad, to know that this ruined not only thousands of runners special day, but thousands of lives. I don't know why, but I have always been very afraid of bombs and terror attacks. I use to have many nightmares after 9/11, and continued to for years after. Alec would sometimes shake me awake, telling me it was just a bad dream. It is simply terrifying, to be in a place with so much joy and happiness, to be so secure and safe and in an instant it all be taken away by some monster. 3 years ago my sisters and I crossed that finish line and looked beyond the crowd for our family and friends who cheered us on from the very same spot that was blown up, I can not even imagine the horror that went through the minds of the runners and spectators as the bombs went off and not knowing if their loved ones were OK or not. It would be my worst nightmare. To finish that race was such an accomplishment, a feeling you just can't explain. It angers me that so many were denied that feeling and instead were fearing for their lives.

The first responders have my utmost respect and gratitude, they are heroes and remarkable people, and I am proud to say that my 2 brothers in laws are Boston firefighters whom I know would sacrifice their own lives to save someone else's. I know this because they have both been recognized and rewarded for their efforts in saving a life, putting their own lives in danger. Pretty awesome.

My prayers go out to all those affected by today's attack, and I thank Maria again for running for Alec and pray that all will be OK. God is always with us.

Love and Prayers Boston,

Heather



2 comments:

  1. Outstanding post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
    I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks!

    My blog post diets that work

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up it's me, I am also visiting this web site daily, this web site is genuinely pleasant and
    the people are genuinely sharing nice thoughts.


    Here is my web page ... losing weight fast

    ReplyDelete