Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Alec!



We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Today is Alec's Birthday, 34 years old!

This is his 4th week of chemo/radiation...one week left! We can not believe how fast the time has gone and how well he is doing. Finally, we catch a break, and we were able to have an un-eventful Christmas. (meaning no flu, hospital trips, etc.) We had a very relaxing few days off and literally did nothing for a change. Alec's family was over for Christmas Eve, we had a nice dinner and we went to a new church which we enjoyed very much.

Christmas Day we left for Plainville around 1:00 and spent the night with my family. It was so nice and we couldn't have had a better Christmas! How I know I am getting old...my favorite present was a Dyson vacuum cleaner! I could not wait to get home and vacuum my entire house, it is marvelous! Does rugs and wood floors and is great with dog hair. I am my mothers daughter :) Alec gave me a Kindle, which is really a cool little device and I have already read one book off of it. He likes it more than me because I can read at night without turning pages and I have one hand free for back scratching!

This week we are staying in Boston to be close to the hospital. It has been great so far, we went over to Tina and Bob's last night who made us a delicious dinner and got to hang out with Julia, Jilly and Brian as well. We all played the "Newlywed Game" which was very funny. I really miss Millie though, I even cried when Alec's mom drove away with her in the car, she was just looking at me with her big brown eyes! I am so pathetic!

So with one day left tomorrow, this week is almost over! Then one more week and off to Florida!

Thank you all for your prayers and being here for us. Hope you all enjoyed Christmas and have a Happy, Healthy, 2010!

Happy New Year!!! And Happy Birthday Alec!

Love,

Heather and Alec

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Alec!!

    I hope you are having a great day!!

    We were so happy to see you on Christmas, everyone kept saying how GREAT you looked!! And...I told them, yes, I think he is the new and improved SUPERMAN!! Just amazing! Keep it up!
    Have a great day.

    Love,
    Sue & Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and delicious Birthday dinner at Amerheins...Julia even dance on the table! I think she takes after her aunties!

    Love, Jilly

    ReplyDelete