Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

All Done With Round One!



Wow, we have never looked forward to a Friday as much as we did today!

Alec finished his last week of chemo/radiation for the colorectal treatment! He is doing great, the doctor last week said considering he is under going 2 types of treatments right now, he is doing "remarkably well". Everyone who walks into the exam room does a double take, as if they are expecting to see some skinny, shriveled up guy, then they see Alec, strong and healthy and are blown away. He still has not even lost a single pound! And everyone reading this can take credit for that...providing delicious meals for us, we are very spoiled! Thank you! (I think I have put on a few pounds myself!)

It has been such a blessing to stay in the city during these past few weeks. I am able to work in the am, then bring Alec to his appointment at noon, then drop him off and I can go back to work for the afternoon while he takes a long (really long) nap. At night we go to dinner or meet up with family or friends. Last week we got to hang out with my fam and this week Amy, Keith, Kendalle, Caitlin. Amy and Ken made us a yummy meal, thank you! We also got to see Bobina and Julia and Jilly and Brian last night for dinner!

We have met so many wonderful people over the past five weeks. I am actually going to miss seeing some of them every day. Gloria, a women in a wheel chair who has a brain tumor, she is such a warm, sweet person and I loved seeing her. We met a couple the other day, The DeMarcos! It was funny, she was sitting in the waiting room and the nurse came out calling Mrs. DeMarco, and it was not for me...the women sitting next to me. And her husband Frank...(my dads and my Papa's name). There are a few others who we have gotten to know, and I just pray that everyone makes it through and lives long, healthy lives! (Even though most of them are really old! :)

I gave Alec a card the other day I thought I would share:

I Believe

I believe in mind over matter.
I believe in the human spirit to prevail.
I believe in miracles and blessings both great and small.
I believe in possibilities.
I believe that hurdles in life are meant to be jumped over, not as something to stop us.

I believe in you.

I am so proud of Alec. He is amazing. Never a single complaint. We even shoveled the entire driveway last weekend! (OK with the help of his mom and sis, but still, anyone who has been to our house and seen our driveway knows its the size of 10 driveways!) And this weekend we are headed up to Sunday River to go snowboarding...he must be feeling real good!

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I will update next week, we should know when his surgery is going to be by Monday. Still can not wait to go to FL!

Love,

Heather & Alec and Millie!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Alec! We are very proud of you both. You're amazing strong people! Enjoy your time in sunny Flordia, you deserve it! We love you.
    Jaimie and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful to hear that you both completed the chemo treatment so successfully! I miss you guys & have fun snowboarding and in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear Bro! Let me know when its time to hang out again. We can rewire your living romm.

    Ralph

    ReplyDelete