Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Tearin' up the slopes and the kitchen!



Last week we finally decided to just go for it and take on the kitchen project! Alec has been busy taking down the wall from the pantry to the kitchen. We were not sure what we would find behind the wall, there is some electrical and plumbing, but luckily nothing that can't be moved for a small price. (Alec can do just about anything except electrical and we are hesitant to move plumbing pipes!) This week we will have the plumber and electrician take a look and hopefully move everything over.

The kitchen looks so much bigger already! I know Alec feels better when he has projects to work on and I think this will be the best one yet! Next week we will have new counter tops installed and a brand new breakfast bar! I cant wait, cooking in the kitchen is no fun when all our company has to sit at the dinner table in the other room while I slave over the stove gulping my wine!

Amy and Keith came up Saturday and we went up to Sunday River. We couldn't be happier that one of my best friends from childhood and one of Alec's best friends from college are now boyfriend & girlfriend! They are a perfect match and it is so fun to hang out with them. Saturday was the perfect winter day, Sunday River was beautiful, so warm and the snow was perfect. Amy and I finished up around 1:00 and sat in the sun, had a couple beers while the boys continued to snowboard.

Aren't they the cutest couple!??

Kendalle came up Saturday night and joined us for dinner. Like the old people we are, we all fell asleep on the couch! Gosh, times have changed! I tell everyone, "its the Maine air, makes you real sleepy and hungry". At least that's my excuse :)

It is hard to believe that March is almost here! This winter has been a dream...we have only been plowed out once! Last year we spent 900 bucks on plowing ($50 a pop) I do miss the snow for cross country skiing, but def don't miss that expense!

I guess I shouldn't speak so soon, I have heard nasty weather for the rest of the week. But we certainly can not complain this year. I just hope this summer will be as dry.

2 more Mondays until Alec's surgery, we sure are looking forward to getting it over with!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

Have a great week and drive safe!

xoxoxo

Heather, Alec
& Millie

2 comments:

  1. your kitchen looks like our nursery, minus the sink, countertops and cabinets!:) Best of luck for the surgery. Will be thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome already, can't wait to see the counters! Hope Alec still lets me visit, he ends up working really hard after I leave! You guys are the best, your strength and love for each other is a real inspiration-thanks for sharing your v-day with us!
    P.S. who are those sexy red necks in your picture? who knew camo could look so good? xo the moguls

    ReplyDelete