Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

What has Alec been up to these days?

It has been a few weeks since Alec finished his first round of treatment and since we returned from Florida. I thought I would share what he has been up to. You don't think he is laying around relaxing do you!?? Not with a "Honey DO" list 3 pages long! (JK) He is feeling good, and he sure has kept himself busy and here is the proof...

We had this eyesore of a room upstairs, it drove us both nuts! This is a "before" photo of our guest bedroom: It had purple-ish rugs, light blue walls (which I had painted when we moved in but hated). This was our bedroom for a while until last year when Alec put up a wall where the loft was and we made that our master bedroom.
Before:

Before:


Alec did the floors himself. He stained, sanded and poly'd them 3 times. The now look beautiful! His mom and I had painted the walls a more neutral color that I love so much more than the blue that was there before.

AFTER:





Once we moved into the other bedroom,(which was the "loft" area) this room served as an office and spare bedroom. Alec's desk was very modern and ugly...I took that down and bought a desk at Bob's Pit for $100.00!! The only thing wrong with it was the drawer is broken on the inside but you would never know. I also bought the chair at Homegoods for $99!

Before:



After:


Since the desk was so cute and kind of small, I did not want to clutter it with the huge printer and file holder, paper etc. I had Alec build another desk/shelf inside the closet! It is perfect and we close the doors to hide the ugly stuff (printer, file cabinet, work stuff). It looks so cute and is way more functional than his useless glass desk we had in there before.







And...close the door again...


It really is amazing what a difference wood floors make! I still have a little more decorating to do, but I don't want to go too crazy...(afterall, this will be the nursery...some day!)






Alec put up a wall in the loft area, (he did this almost a year ago) but now we have a 2 rooms upstairs that actually serve a purpose!
Before:


After:

Before:


After! He also put in wood floors here too, (with my dads help, last Easter Sunday!)


Alec and I are a really great team. I think of an idea in my head, explain it to him, tell him how great it will be and he goes to work and ta-da! He does exactly what I had envisioned! I tell him he makes all my "dreams a reality"!!! He is such great craftsman...he takes such pride in his work and he has made our home magnificant!

So whats next!?? I am hoping we can take a wall down in our kitchen...and get granite counter tops. We may go price some this week, it could be our next project! (Depending on how much $$$ and time!)

We want to say goodbye to this wall so we can make a breakfast bar!




Alec does not have any appointments until March. He is feeling really good, and the diet is going OK!! He has been taking the dogs for morning walks. We are puppysitting Maker, Jills dog while she is in Costa Rica! We have been eating a lot of fish, and although neither of us can give up icecream, I have been making smaller portions! Hopefully within a month he (and me!!) will be skinny minny.

Hope everyone is doing well and thank you for keeping us in our prayers. It is nice to update the blog with other topics than chemo, cancer, appointments, etc. I hope you are as impressed with Alec's handy-man-ness as I am!

Have a great day!!!

Love,

Heather, Alec, Millie & Maker too!

No comments:

Post a Comment