Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Fling

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We had a great weekend and thank you to all for coming out to support (or did not come but still donated) to the Quinn/Kenny/Ford Foundation for Brain Tumor Research. We had such a fun night and raised money for a very important cause and feel very ready for 26.2!

A special thanks to those of you who helped out and donated a fabulous prize! And congrats to those who won!

I am not going to lie, I cant wait for the marathon to be OVER! A 21 mile run on a Monday night is not what I call fun! I am just very glad that my sisters are running along my side. We always have some very interesting conversations and sometimes I wonder if it is possible for us to run out of topics. I don't think so.

Here are a few photos from the Spring Fling...


The Runners


Feehan Gals! (Cat in the front is running too, but she qualified cuz she is wicked fast!)


Lucky Nana with her "boys"



Julia and her Daddy


OK, who is cuter....Millie OR....

Julia?

I know, I know, its Julia. She is so precious!


Millie and Finn having fun on Easter



Can you all believe this weather!?? I just cant get enough. Sunshine just makes everyone so happy! Caryn and I went for a walk tonight on the beach and it felt like July! Millie was swimming after balls the entire time and had a blast.

Alec is doing well, he worked on his boat all week, getting it ready for Striper season! He starts chemo on Monday...not sure what to expect, but hoping for the best.

Please say a prayer for my friend/co-worker Meri, her sister lost her battle to breast cancer this week. I am so very sorry for her and her family. She has been in my prayers and thoughts. Amy's friend Jen also lost her battle to brain cancer 2 weeks ago, sending prayers and love to her and Jens family.

Thank you again for your support this weekend. We just hate cancer in all forms and will do anything to kill it. Including run for it. And we are constantly reminded that so many people are affected by this terrible disease and we pray that those who are find strength and hope. Surround yourselves with love, God, family and friends and anything is possible.

Love to all and thank you!

Heather, Alec and Millie

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! Good luck today at your appointment, my prayers are with you guys all day. I love you so much and am still amazed at your strength. And I am ready to run 26.2 next week with my sissy's!
    Love jilly

    ReplyDelete