Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

30 and Thankful!

What a night!

Thank you so much to Jill, Tina and Mom for throwing an awesome surprise 30th Birthday party for me! Thank you for all those who could make it! I had such a fabulous night! It is hard to believe I am 30...time really does fly. Caitlin pointed out that we have been friends now for half our lives, since we became friends at 15. It feels like just yesterday! I am so grateful for every one of you and what a great way to start the next decade.

It was so wonderful to see my Feehan friends, Salve friends and my entire family in one room. I could not have asked for more. At one point I looked around the room and thought..."God, I am one lucky girl"

This was some what of an emotional week for me. I was away in Texas for work and it was the first appointment I missed with Alec. I am so thankful for my wonderful co-workers who I have known now for several years and whom I feel are an extended family. I truly could not be in a better place or better hands than I am at Hologic. They are some of the most caring, supportive, loving group of people and I am beyond grateful for their friendship. I am always talking about friends and family, and that is what they are to me. I was also very inspired to hear a story from my friend/co-worker Tina, whose mother has been battling stage 4 cancer now for 3 years. She has colorectal cancer, had 9 tumors on her lungs, a large tumor on her liver and has undergone 3 types of surgery, chemo, radiation and is now in remission. Talking to her gave me hope and strength to get through the week and focus on the positives. Thank you!

To all my family, friends and co-workers...

Thank you for being there for Alec and I this past year. I am constantly in awe of each and every one of you and the love and support you have given us throughout this journey, through the good times and the bad. We could not have gotten through the last year without you and I thank GOD for bringing you into our lives.

I re-read the book "Stronger than Cancer" that Steph had given us last year and thought these quotes were perfect for this entry!

"We rise by lifting others" - Robert Green Ingersoll

and...

"We believe that lives are measured in memories, not years." - Make-A-Wish-Foundation

I love you all and thank you, thank you, thank you!

Heather
xoxoxoxo


PS...its 3:00pm on Sunday and Alec and I are still in our PJs! Havent had a day like this...EVER! But it feels good ;)

PSS...here are some photos (I kinda look like Waldo in my stripes)







No comments:

Post a Comment