Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry, Merry Christmas!!




It is hard to believe Christmas in 2 days!

The hustle and bustle of Christmas is certainly here, between baking Christmas cookies, shopping, partying and oh yeah, working, I haven't sat down in weeks!

Things are great with us, Alec had a follow-up appointment last week with Dr. Wain and everything looks fantastic. He is so impressed with Alec's improvement and said he was way ahead of schedule, recovering faster than normal...no surprise there! I did ask when he would be able to carry in the fire wood again, Dr. Wain said he still has to take one log at a time. Looks like I am the going to be lugging in that wood for a few more weeks!

We made the rounds to all Alec's doctors and nurses, wishing them a Merry Christmas and giving them cookies. Alec actually decorated the gingerbread men to look like little doctors with stethoscopes and masks on! It is nice to see the team at MGH and thank them for believing in us. I said to Alec that there is nothing we can say or do to ever show our gratitude, "Dr. Allen, here are some cookies we made you, oh, and thank you for saving Alec's life".

The past few weekends we have been hanging out with friends and family and have enjoyed every second. A few weeks ago Liz, Brian and Lyss and Steve came up for the day. It was fun just to kick back and relax with some good friends and good food. Last weekend we went to an Ugly Christmas Sweater party at Cat and Jay's house. I am not going to lie, I was not at all excited about the thought of dressing up in an ugly sweater. I think it stems back from living in San Fran and Meg and I would be out at the bar all dressed up cute and in would come these 30 somethings wearing hideous sweaters. But it was really fun and so great to see all my high school friends. (Although I looked like an oommpa loompa in my ugly sweater). Alec won a prize for one of the best sweaters. Last year I had given him a little chipmunk ornament with a note asking him to stop shooting them and apologizing for storing all his nuts in his truck. Alec took the chipmunk and sewed it onto his shoulder...it was pretty cute, especially if you knew how much those little critters
drove him crazy. He won a very sexy prize...
Alec wearing his new prize and notice the chipmunk on his shoulder!

All the Feehan girls.
Alec and Jon, and Jon is wearing my Moms sweater. Yes, my Moms, circa 1990 ish?
Alec and Jay. Jay had a very pretty turtleneck on. What really made me laugh was when we were leaving Jay had to go out to the packy for more beer, wearing that outfit. I am surprised he made it back alive.

And last night we went out for Caitlin's 30th Birthday. We met up at the new Strega on the waterfront and it was so good. I love going to places where old Italian waiters tell us girls how beautiful we are. I am not sure exactly what they say...all I here is Bella this and Bella that, but I know what Bella means :)
Nothing like making a bunch of 30 year olds feel beautiful!

Alec has been busy, busy in his Santas workshop. He made his mom and Alfred 3 huge bookcases in 2 days! I cant believe how fast he put these together. Remember in Elf where Buddy makes the rocking horse out of the TV stand? I swear that is what I witnessed.





I am finally done shopping. Apparently Alec is too. He wont let me open my gift, and I am not really sure what it could be...hmmm...any ideas?
I am not allowed to open it until Christmas day (except to get food). But I cant wait!

And here is Alec...sitting by the fire with a good book. I recently read "Unbroken" by Lauren Hillenbrand. This was one of the BEST books I have ever read. (In case anyone is looking for a last minute gift!) I read all 400+ pages in a week, I could not put it down. It was keeping me up until midnight some nights. Now Alec started reading it and is already more than halfway through. It is a true story about Louie Zamporini, an Olympic runner who was also a WWII POW. The book is amazing and it shed a whole new light on our veterans and what they went through. They truly were the "Greatest Generation". All of our grandfathers were hero's and I wish mine were still around, I have so many questions to ask them. Many times throughout the book I thought, God, how have they not given up!? What was most interesting to me was how (without spoiling the plot) each soldiers outlook on life determined whether or not they were going to make it out alive. Those men who were optimistic about being rescued and had not given up hope survived longer than the men who had lost all hope. It just proves my theory that people who believe and never lose hope are those who can overcome all adversities. I cant wait for him to finish the book, because the end is the best part :)

It was so nice to see and spend time with so many friends and family this month. It amazes me every day how many people we have to be thankful for. I had a lunch with an OB/GYN group where Alec used to call on and you would think that he was family to them, that is how much they care. It makes us feel so good to know we are being prayed for every day by so many of you, it means so much.


We hope you all have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS! We are very much looking forward to the next few days with family. I love going to church on Christmas Eve, it brings us back to why Christmas is so important and fills me with HOPE that miracles are happening all around us. We are so lucky and we count our blessings every day.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!!!!

All our love,

Heather, Alec and Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment