Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

What a Wonderful Life!



What a beautiful Christmas! I can not believe what a Christmas we had, it was perfect and we are so blessed.

Christmas Eve was quiet and peaceful. Alec's family came over and we had a nice dinner and headed off to church. Going to church Christmas Eve is a new tradition that Alec and I started last year and it is one of my favorite parts of the Christmas celebration. And, since we are always, always late to church, we had a front row seat! The service was amazing, straight out of a movie, I was sad when it was over. It is a reminder of what Christmas is all about...CHRIST, HOPE and MIRACLES. We have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to in 2011.

I was so excited Christmas morning, not to open my gifts but to give Alec his tuna rod and reel that his mom, sister and I got him (those things I swear are made of real gold!) We saved it for last and he was so excited! I don't think he can wait until summer to got fishing.



I was absolutely thrilled with my big gift, a new refrigerator! I LOVE it. I really had no idea that I was getting a fridge...until I saw it wrapped earlier last week. After receiving a couple Home Depot cards for my Birthday, and purchasing a new oven, I looked at the fridge as an eyesore, you just cant have an old white fridge and stainless oven!



Alec also gave me a new TV for the kitchen, now I can watch the news while I cook (that does not stop me from wanting a doorway into the living room!) But it will do for now. We both got lots of other goodies, from each other and family, we really were so blessed with so much.

We have also made it a tradition to go for a walk on the beach Christmas Day. It was such a beautiful day, and it felt good to walk off some of those Christmas cookies!



Christmas day we headed down to Massachusetts to be with my family and it is not quiet and peaceful with all 16 of us, but I love it and we continue to add more every year, new husbands, babies, and dogs (a couple frogs too!)



It is hard to believe that the holidays are coming to an end. Our tree is already down (it looked like it would burst into flames by lighting a match in another room!) Christmas only seems to get better as we get older. We are so thankful for all our lovely gifts, a warm safe home, our loving family and friends, and God for carrying us through.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

Thank you for all your prayers, love and support.

Love,

Heather, Alec and Millie



What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.
-Agnes M. Pharo

No comments:

Post a Comment