Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summah, Sangria, and Scans.



Wow, why do I find it so much more difficult to update the blog in the spring/summer time!? I guess its because the sun goes down so late and we like to take full advantage of being outside. Since it has been raining all day today I figured I would give a quick update.

Alec had his CAT scan this week, but no word for the doc yet. Since I am miss impatient-pants, I have asked Alec a few times (only twice, I try not to nag) if we should call the doctor to see if he has looked at the scans. But, Alec said he would rather wait until Monday when we meet with Dr. Tek in the morning. I guess I have to wait also, he sure is a patient patient.

After his CAT scan, he was "radio active". He was not allowed to be near pregnant women and we had to stay at least 12 feet away from each other...Millie too. If he were to go into a court house he would have set off the alarms! He thought he was so funny, chasing me around the house trying to "radiate" me. It sure is weird trying to stay 12 feet away from your husband.

Alec started a new job! Since he has not worked since December, you can imagine he was getting pretty restless. Anyone who knows my husband, knows he has to be busy, busy, busy. And, now with the kitchen renovated, guest room finished, trees down, etc, etc, the "honey do" list was looking a little boring. The next task on our list is a new roof and there is no way in heck I am letting him get up there. He tried a couple years ago, and I don't even want to tell you how he attempted. (it involved a rope, a brick, a harness and the chimney)

He is working for Dr. Wolfberg, a Maternal Fetal Medicine doc from TUFTS. Selling an ultrasound service http://www.previewdiagnostics.com/ Go to About Us to see Alec's profile! It seems like the perfect opportunity, and Alec is really excited to get back out there. The job is super flexible and he can work from home, maybe travel one or two days a week. He just cant seem to get enough of women's health! Ladies...be ready for a comeback! (I almost feel like I should draw a goatee on his face so he is recognizable!)

We had such a fun Memorial Day weekend with friends and family. Alec and the guys were out fishing and catching lobster (8 so far) while the ladies went to the beach and drank too much Sangria.




We can not wait to go to bed tonight! Last weekend (rainy Sunday) we went to Bob's Furniture and bought the Bob-O-Pedic and we just set the mattress up. We hope we like it!

That's about all for now. It has been pretty nice not having chemo these past few weeks, Alec is feeling good, he was even able to have a beer! I think it was his first since Fall, not that he is a drinker, but what guy doesn't enjoy a cold one? Next week we are hoping and praying for some good news from Dr. Tek (that his scans are all good and clean.) Then we meet back up with Dr. Allen, Alec's oncologist for the colorectal cancer and she will tell us what the next phase will entail (most likely 6 more months of chemo.)

Please say an extra prayer! Thank you and happy Summer! We are so blessed!

Go Celtics!

Love to all,

Heather, Alec and Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment