Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"With God nothing will be impossible" - Luke 1:37

First of all I want to thank everyone who has reached out to Alec and I these past few days. Your kind words and inspiration has been so helpful and we are so grateful for every one of you.

It has been one of those weeks that feels like months and I really can not believe it is only Wednesday. However, every day seems to get a little easier and with the support from family and friends we feel better already.

I guess what we are looking for now are stories and happy endings and anything to do with God, Faith, Love, Surviving.

While I am somewhat of a religious/spiritual person, Alec is not. He has gone through the last 8 months not really relying on faith. I have tried, but not pushed to get him to go to church, pray, look for signs, but he has stood tall and taken on all these obstacles like a man. However, I really believe there is a time in every persons life (even big strong men) where they don't have a choice but to turn to God. You just have to believe that there is something greater. This is that time. We NEED him. It does not matter how a person was brought up, religious or not, it is not too late. God would never turn us away just because we are turning to him now, in time of need.

I feel so strongly about this that I am writing it in here and asking for help. We all need to BELIEVE and have FAITH. Any story, book, person, prayer, poem, priest, healer, God Wink, phrases, bible verses, songs...anything you think may help us we would love it if you could share that with us.

So far, this week, here are a few things that have really helped us:

The Lance Armstrong book that Liz sent us. I read this months ago and was totally inspired by his story and the obstacles he has overcome. He was supposed to die. He was 23, he is now almost 40. I asked Alec to please read his story, and he is and I really think it will help him BELIEVE. http://www.lancearmstrong.com/ Read his BIO, so amazing. Here is a snapshot of what what he was faced with:
In October 1996 he was diagnosed with testicular cancer, with a tumor that had metastasized to his brain and lungs. His cancer treatments included brain and testicular surgery and extensive chemotherapy, and his prognosis was originally poor. He went on to win the Tour de France each year from 1999 to 2005, and is the only person to win seven times, having broken the previous record of five wins.


Meg Dez sent me an email today and I hope she does not mind me sharing:
"I was reflecting in the car this morning, on my way into school, about how I have actually felt Jesus' presence so many times in my life. I was thinking about how He has never left me at any time in my life. When He said to His people, "I go before you always" and "I shall never abandon my people" He meant it. I started talking to God in the car about you and Alec and told him how I trusted in Him to be with you both. Just as I was chatting away to Him about you, I came to a red light. In front of me was a huge utility truck stopped at the light as well. I was looking at the license plate and below it was this rusted metal crate screwed onto the back of the truck. Low and behold, there were two crucifixes carved into the metal on either side. A sign from God. I laughed out loud and knew in my heart He has been with you all along. Anyway, it may sound like a silly story, but I wanted to share it with you. I love you so very much Heath and am praying for you both."

And, Caitlin, sending us this:
"everyday I find time to read from this daily devotional book that I've been reading for the past few months and the other day it had a bible verse that stuck to me for some reason. Maybe because it was so simple but yet so powerful and true that it touched my heart and renewed my belief in God. I want to share it with you because I'm hoping it will give you some confidence as you and Alec face this next battle."
"With God nothing will be impossible"
-Luke 1:37

Or Amy, sending this photo that I really love...and will post again...



If you think of something, see a God Wink, hear a cancer story with a happy ending, feel God with you, please, we would love to hear about it. I share all emails and stories with Alec and I think each story gives him a little more HOPE.

We will never ever get tired of hearing from you all. If I do not respond right away, please understand that I just need time and I will get back to you. It means so much. Even those friends from long ago, your kind words and prayers are so appreciated. Thank you.

LOve to all,

Heather, Alec and Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment