Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Great way to start the long weekend!

Happy 4th of July!

Before we start the weekend, I thought I would give a quick update since we got some encouraging news today. Remember how Alec had the thoracic MRI this week? (It was supposed to be last week, but was postponed because his chemo bag would have interfered with the scan)

Anyways, Dr. Allen just called and there are NO spots on his spine! Everything looks clear and clean. This means that the cancer has spread to his liver and lungs but NOT his spine or bone. Hallelujah!

I know everyone has been praying for us and it is certainly working! Every night I scratch Alec's back in bed, I whine about it sometimes, because I just want to read, but for the past few weeks as I scratch, I also pray that whatever spot had shown up on the last scan will disappear. Now, I am not saying I am magical or anything, but you never know! With all the people out there praying, we were bound to get some good news!

On that note, thank you ALL for prayers and support these past few weeks. And have a wonderful, safe, 4th of July weekend!!!!

God Bless America!

Love,

Heather, Alec and Millie

1 comment: