Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Be Our Guest!

Alec finished the guest house earlier this week! It looks beautiful, I cant help but wonder over there 10 times a day just to look. He painted the walls, ceilings and trim (I helped here and there). He also put the floors in, sanded, stained and poly'd them himself. He then replaced the counters and fridge (not sure why that was there in the first place) with a custom made bench, coat rack and shelf. I am totally in love with the space and all that he did. I am seriously so close to hiring him out! "Rent-a-Handy Man Husband" anyone?

Here are the before and afters...

You really don't know how bad something is until you go back and look. I am embarrassed by these! On the left is are the counters and he had taken out the fridge a few weeks prior. We think this part of the house was used as an in-law apartment.

Check out those shiny floors!

And that bench! I LOVE IT! It has storage underneath and Alec added bead boarding to the back. Why are the dogs always sneaking into my photos?
The color, Antique Jade, I love. Before it was so grayish looking. It really brightened things up! Thanks Katie Mogul!



And, I am glad we painted the beams the trim color, it really makes them stand out.




Painting the doors and all the trim added so much contrast, you can really notice the molding now.








Yikes, that a messy looking corner...


A nice new office space! (Now that Bam kicked us out)


We took down the bunk beds and made it a single, not many people wanted to sleep on the top bunk anyways...






So ugly!


So pretty!



So now we are just waiting for some guests to stay over! Anyone interested? Alec is already on to his next project, another recycling bin for the deck. The one we have had for a few years has rotted out. Then maybe a new back deck off the guest house? Or a shed? Who knows what I will come home to next!



No comments:

Post a Comment