Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Showers Bring HOPE!

After last weeks positive news, we have been feeling pretty good. It is nice to have that worry lifted and to just be able to focus on the future and becoming parents. After we got the news on Thursday, we went out to celebrate at The Ramp (which is below Pier 77 where we were married). It was so much fun, just the two of us, Alec even had a beer! His first beer since last August, and he let me have a few sips, damn it tasted good!



Alec had chemo today and we now think "bring it on!". Everyone was so happy for us, Dr. Allen walked in and we both gave her a big hug. It is amazing what a little good news will do to people. It fills us up with HOPE again, and that is all we ask for. Alec will stay on this chemo regimen for a while, and have more scans in a few months and then there may be some breaks in the summer. We just have to continue praying and believing, and who knows, anything is possible!

I wish I could say we had a relaxing, fun weekend, but Alec is on a new mission and if we weren't sleeping, we were painting. My Mom came to visit for the day on Saturday and although we snuck out for a walk on the beach and a few hours of shopping, he even had her painting. If Finnegan and Millie had thumbs, I am pretty sure they would have been painting too. So, what were we painting? The guest house, before Alec puts wood flooring in this week. It looks awesome, and I love the colors, (thanks to Katie Mogul who picked them out). 6 gallons, 4-14 foot walls, 8 doors, 8 windows and a ceiling later, we were done! Oh, and I cant forget the molding on the floor which I did and paid for the next day. Alec was a man on a mission and mission accomplished. Now, he is on to installing the flooring. The guest house is going to look amazing, he keeps trying to talk me into moving our bedroom out there, but I am a little hesitant, especially since we are just finishing up Bams cute little nursery. I cant wait to post some pictures when everything is complete!

So far I have gained a whopping 40 lbs. Which, I suppose is pretty normal and while I do eat more, I still walk 3 miles a day. But, is it normal for me to gain 2 pounds in 2 weeks and my husband to have gained 13? Its true, Alec weighs more now than ever, he told his nurse today that he plans on losing it once he starts breast feeding. I think he just doesn't want me to have to eat ice cream alone every night...he is just being a supportive husband-soon-to-be-father. Alec thinks that I am trying to "chub him up" since he was heavier at our wedding, and months later I told him I thought it was great because it made me look smaller...he thinks I am doing the same for Jill's wedding in August. I swear I am not, I mean, just because I am a member of the Blizzard Fan Club and receive buy one get one free coupons every week doesn't mean he has to join me! We both agree that once Bam is here we are going to be putting lots and lots of miles on the BOB stroller (although I think he will be putting more miles on the boat instead).

Either way, it has kind of become the running joke at MGH, seriously, who goes on chemo for 3 months and gains 20 lbs!? Dr. Allen said there are certainly worse things, and she would rather see him gain than lose and we totally agree :) He had her ask Dr. Ferrone if he could get some lipo next time.

Things are certainly looking up around here and we are really thankful for the good news we received. We had to go to church on Sunday and thank GOD for not only getting us through the last few weeks, but for listening to the prayers and for giving us HOPE again.

Thank you all, we are so blessed! So much to look forward to these next few months!

Love,

Heather, Alec, Bam and Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment