Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Who's your Daddy?

Time is flying, Chase is one month old today! I can hardly believe it, I actually had to start putting away some clothes that no longer fit him...I guess he's not a newborn any more.



We had a nice Fathers Day weekend, a world of difference from last year when we learned that Alec's cancer had spread. I remember a few days after we found out, Alec and I went out on the boat and we were off Basket Island, a place where we always fish. We had been praying to God and looking for guidance on whether or not to have a baby, and I looked up at the sky and there was a small rainbow, and to the left of the rainbow a mom, dad and toddler were walking on the beach. I took that as a sign and a year later we were in the exact same spot with a little baby in our arms! It has to be the best decision we have ever made.

We have been busy, busy, it feels like summer is just slipping away. We had a great weekend celebrating fathers. We went down to Mass to spend some time with my Dad on Saturday. It is pretty amazing how our family has literally changed in one day, May 23, two new members were added and it makes such a difference! The DeMarco family will never be the same. It seems, things are more, should I say, chaotic? But in a good way and Papa and Grandma seem to be enjoying their grandchildren very much.

Chase with Papa

Cousin Julia giving herself a "toe inspection" she does this once a day to get the lint out...so funny.

Chase gave his Daddy an iphone (Alec is obsessed with!) and I gave my baby Daddy tickets to Toby Keith, which we also got my Dad, cant wait! My favorite Toby song, "Who's Your Daddy!?" Alec and I took Chase out to dinner for the first time for Fathers Day, we enjoyed a delicious sushi dinner (I waited 11 months for that!) it was so yummy and Chase was such a good boy.

Sunday, Alec and I became official members at church. After searching high and low for a church to belong to, we have found our "home" at Union Church. It is funny how things happen, but after attending at least 5 churches in the area and not really feeling any connection, my Mom called me to tell me how her friend Sarah knew the pastor at a little church in Biddeford Pool. So Christmas Eve two years ago, a few months after Alec was diagnosed, we attended our first service. We both instantly felt something there and were warmly welcomed by Jan, the pastor. It was not always easy getting Alec to go at first, but now we are regulars and have met so many wonderful people, and he has come forward and said he has found God through this experience. I am so thankful that we are part of such a special place. Jan has been so good to us, it feels like we are part of a new family and it is so reassuring knowing we have even more people to count on and to pray for us. And, I should mention, the location isn't so bad either, 5 miles from our house and on the ocean, a lovely drive for a Sunday morning.









We have been busy fishing, beaching and enjoying the sunshine. Chase is certainly learning to love the outdoors, he sleeps any where, including in the baby carrier while Momma is reeling in the big fish!

Chase at the beach smiling...

Alec owes me a couple beach days after all the fishing we have been doing lately!




Millie and Chase hanging with Daddy...

Meg and Charlie had a baby girl last week, Reese Catherine. Congrats to the new parents! Now Chase has even another friend to play with (and, lucky him, most of the new babies are girls!)


Alec had chemo this week and Chase and I road down with him, but aren't allowed (by Alec) to hang out yet, he is nervous about Chase getting sick. Alec has another scan on Tuesday, we are PRAYING for some good news and even a possible chemo break. Please keep us in your prayers this week, things have been so good lately, I don't want it to end.

Thank you all for your love, support and prayers. We are so blessed.

Love,

Heather, Alec, Chase and Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment