Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Each Day...



I do not even really know what to say tonight. I guess I will start with we are still here and each day together is a gift.

We had lots of family and friend time this past weekend and of course, that helps. We were even able to go out for a boat ride on Saturday and enjoy the beautiful weather and calm seas.

I am clinging to each moment like it is our last. My heart goes from breaking and aching to joyful and hopeful within seconds. Alec is more comfortable now, and although he still has his humor, he seems to be fading in and out. Maybe its the drugs, maybe its the cancer, but it is hard to witness. How is it that two months ago we were hiking mountains in Acadia? God works is mysterious ways and I don't think we will ever understand.

For now, we are just trying to get through each day, trying to smile, trying to stay strong for one another...for Chase.



Tonight, Chase, Millie and I went for a walk on the beach. It was such a beautiful night and I noticed a little rainbow in the sky, one similar to one I saw when this entire journey began. I took a picture with my camera phone and when I downloaded it my computer, I immediately noticed not the rainbow, but the light from the sun next to it. Upon realizing what I actually took a picture of, without even knowing it, I felt warm and my heart fill up with joy. I do believe that this was the light of God, telling me, that no matter what, things are going to be OK. We will get through this, and whatever tomorrow brings, he is there beside us. That life on this earth is just a small piece of it all, and there is so much more. We are the unfortunate ones...the ones who have to stay behind
.


We will never, ever, give up. We are fighting this until there is nothing left of us, I can assure you that we are still giving it our all.

We are so touched by the outpouring of support, love, prayers. We seriously could not do this without you all. I am so grateful.

Love and God Bless,

Heather, Alec, Chase and Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment