Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas is Coming!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had a great day with family and enjoyed delicious turkey too.  Chase loved seeing his cousins and sitting at the "kids table" for real this year.  And he learned some seriously funny dance moves from his cousin Josh, he now shows everyone "gonna dance like Josh" and then boogies on down. 

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!  

Chase keeps saying "Guess what Mama!?"  
"What Chase?"  
"Christmas is coming!"    

I don't think he knows what Christmas is quite yet, he calls pretty lights Christmas, and trees are just "Christmas" pretty much anything related to Christmas is just called "Christmas!"  I like it!  Makes it easier!  

Chase has seen Santa twice already...he is still not sure what he thinks of the big guy whose lap he gets to sit on.  But he gets candy canes when he does and I am pretty sure that's all it takes for this kid!

And...I have a confession.  Alec and I agreed on a lot, and when we didn't, I still usually somehow got my way.  However, he never, ever budged on tinsel.  He put his foot down on that one. So this year, while buying more lights at the Christmas Tree Shop, I came upon tinsel...my eyes lit up...my heart raced...should I do it?  Should I go for it!?  Would he be mad?  Could he be mad from Heaven?  Then...I thought, well too bad Alec, you left me so I get to do tinsel if I want to do tinsel!

And I went for it.  Then after...I looked at my tree with much dismay...it looked so cheesy and I felt dirty...like I was cheater.  I guess he was right after all.  But then I gave it a day...then two...and now I kinda like it.  And my little rebellion feels quite good...I must say.  I mean, I do everything right...the way that Alec would want it...and I bet at some point, if he were alive, I would have snuck the tinsel home and and spread some tinsel love all over our tree and then maybe would have blamed it on Chase, and Alec probably would have been mad at first, but then maybe he would have liked it after all, and I would have gotten my way once again ;)  SO I guess the moral of the story...tinsel is still wicked awesome.  And, its OK for me to do what I want to do...I am here he is up there and you probably aren't allowed to get mad in heaven so like Chase says pbbbbbllllll (that is the sound of him sticking his tongue out at me and making that funny noise).



Hmmm...
All Chase ever wants is tractors, trucks and trains Santa!

Little hike with Papa and Gammy.
Out looking for the perfect tree.
Me and my little Elf.




Chase loves wearing Santa hats!  
"I look so cute!"  he says
"Look at me!:
Decorating the Christmas tree...

With all our favorite ornaments.

So many special ones...

Me and my little Buddy.

He comes down every morning like he is seeing it for the first time.
Of course we had to put a pretty basket by Daddy and Annie and Bella!

CHase had just eaten a cidar donut...covered in sugar and would not stop licking his fingers...I had to hold his hands down and then his fingers went right back into his mouth!

It wasn't until he got his candy cane he would stop licking his little fingers!  



No comments:

Post a Comment