Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day!

Mothers Day.

Yesterday Jill and Brian and many family and friends walked in the March of Dimes in memory of Annie and Bella, and what a day!  We were surrounded by so much Hope and Love, it was beautiful, the people, the walk, the teams, the weather.

Being there the day before Mothers Day was a sweet reminder of just how lucky I am.  I get to hold and kiss my little super hero son, I get to play with him, talk to him, teach him, I get to show him the beautiful things in the world.  To be a mother to a living breathing child is something we can easily take for granted.

There were so many women yesterday, my sister included, who long to hold their babies, who are mothers, but not always acknowledged as one.  Jill has babies, 2 beautiful little girls in heaven, she is a mother. Her friends who I met who have also lost their babies...they are mothers too.  We can't see or hold or watch their babies grow, we can only imagine these perfect little angels with perfect little wings, all with God and surrounded by His Grace.  These Mothers, arms empty, hearts aching, but yet they still manage to smile, to laugh and to have hope that they will have more babies that they will love and cherish like no other Mother, because they really know what a gift it will be to hold and kiss their child and watch them grow.

I pray for all those women I saw yesterday, especially my sister, that they have a Happy Mothers Day today.  That they keep the Faith, the Hope.  I pray that they know they have an uncapped capacity to love and have no fear, that the babies to come will show them a love like no other.  Loss and heartache changes everything, it gives a whole new perspective on life, never allowing you to take a moment for granted.  Every dirty diaper, spilled milk, sleepless nights, to parents like my sister and her husband, that is all they ever wanted, and to have a perspective where you are thankful for a dirty diaper!  How wonderful will that be?  Going through life, raising a child with that kind of Love and Gratitude, there is no greater gift!

As for me, I am one lucky Mama.  Chase is an amazing child, I have never seen a child spread so much love, joy, happiness, hope, laughter, every where he goes.  And I know that he is a reflection of me, his Mama, and that makes me feel really, really good.

And to his Mimi, Chase could not have a more adoring, loving, sweet, fun grandmother.  He is spoiled and loved, he is her constant reminder of what Alec was, a talkative, hilarious, adventurer.  A piece of her, a piece of Alec.

Happy Mothers Day to my Mom who I talk to every single day, who knows me like no other, who manages to keep on smiling despite what her daughters have been through.  She encourages us to have no fear, to move forward through life,  to believe, and to love again.  She would fly to the moon and back for her children and grandchildren, she would do anything just to see us smile.

Happy Mothers Day to all the amazing Moms out there!





No comments:

Post a Comment