Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Chase...my super hero.



I know everyone loves their child.  And I know that we think they are the greatest in the whole wide world.

But I think Chase is especially special.  I wish I could quantify how many people he has made smile, laugh, how much joy he has brought this world, how many days he has made brighter.  Not just me, or his grandparents, or aunts and uncles, or friends...every person he comes in contact with.  He is loved by everyone, his family, his friends, church, neighbors, everyone he meets he leaves a mark on their heart.  He has set record "likes" on instagram and Facebook, he radiates love, light and joy, he is literally a ray of sunshine.  

I have been a wife, a daughter, a sister, but never have I been more proud to be Mom to Chase.  I don't know what it is about this kid, but he is so darn special.  

He is thoughtful and kind, warm and funny, loving and entertaining.  He is fearless and creative...he will break out in dance in front of a crowd of strangers, he will talk to anyone, he will hug and kiss you, especially if you need it.  He is gentle and sweet, reflective and spiritual.  He is everything and more I would want my child to be.  He is independent, strong, and fun.  He makes me stop, think, listen, look, and soak in the beauty of the day.  Out of no where he will exclaim "It's a beautiful day!"  Or sometimes, "Guess what? Chicken butt!"  Or "Mom, Barney has no swag"  (umm...OK, Chase, good thing I had to look up what "swag" meant.  And the other day, singing "Old MacDonald had a farm, and on his farm he had monster mash" (our favorite ice cream flavor)...I never know what is going to come out of his sweet little mouth.

He is now potty trained and sleeping in a big boy bed, both in which I have been OK with, but he recently started calling me "Mom".  I am having a hard time with this one.  But then at night, when I am laying in bed, and he is laying in his bed, he yells out "Good night Mom, I love you!"  And then "Mom" doesn't sound so bad.  

I simply love being his Mom.  Going to the grocery store...he is that child that everyone talks to.  He is charismatic, he talks with his hands, he makes eye contact, he shakes older gentlemen's hands, he flirts with pretty much any female young or old, he helps me get groceries, he asks politely for a slice of cheese at the deli.  

I have yet to say I do not want him to get older or stay a baby.  Every day, every month, every year he grows into an incredible young man.  He is special.  He is here for a reason.  He was made with so much love, so much hope, so much faith.  He is a child of God and he is going to make a difference in this world.  I love him beyond measure.

Chase, you make this world a better place, thank you.

How lucky I am to have a real life super hero sleeping in the bedroom next to me.  

I am so blessed to live this life, what a gift I have been given.  






  




















No comments:

Post a Comment