Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dancin in the Rain...


Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass . . . it's about learning how to dance in the rain. -Unknown

Amy sent me this quote yesterday. I think it is so true and certainly describes how we have handled our adversities.

Alec had chemo today and his nurse Katie was talking about how he is the perfect example of a patient living with cancer. Nothing stops him, and when he gets knocked down, time after time, he only comes back fighting harder. While some cancer patients sit around complaining, waiting for either good or bad news, feeling sorry for themselves, Alec has thrived and continues to live life to the fullest. He makes me so proud :)

We had a nice weekend, we went to the Red Claws game in Portland with Alec's sister and friend which was so much fun. Although the basketball game was great, my favorite part was the half time show put on by the Stillson School of Irish Step Dance, all those adorable little girls dancing to Irish music, they were so cute! I told Alec if we have a girl, we are so signing her up for that type of dance. I loved it! Sunday we went to church and although I literally have to bribe, drag, or beg Alec to come with me, we always enjoy the service and he admits on the drive home he loves going and wants to get more involved. I just have to smile and ask him, "so next week will you come with me without giving me a hard time!?" Probably not. But either way, we both need it and we really feel like we found our place at this church and I am so grateful for that.

Alec is itching to put in new wood floors over in the guest house, so on Saturday we priced some pine...very exciting. I don't think we will EVER run out of projects around here. Always something...

Alec made Bam's cradle and I forgot to post the photos! He didn't use a template or anything, and its so adorable. I love it and think it will be a piece of furniture that we will have in our family forever, someday a great, great grandchild will tell their kids about their talented great, great, grandfather who made the cradle with his bare hands! That just does not happen any more.




Manny the Moose has been occupying the cradle until Bam is here. (Alec purchased Manny for me from a gas station in Maine when we first started dating and then had to buy Jill one too!)

Speaking of Bam, time is flying, only 10 weeks left! I cant believe it. Its funny how people ask if we are "ready" or "scared" to be parents and to be honest, I feel like we can handle ANYTHING after this past year, and a tiny baby should be a piece of cake! Oh and speaking of cake, I am getting bigger by the day, Dr. Allen said today, "Well looks like you have gained some weight!" Umm...yep, you could say that again! I am not sure what is growing faster, my butt or my belly, oh well, I cant say I haven't enjoyed eating "for two"!

That's about all for us, one more treatment before the scan. Katie also said today that people put way too much pressure on scans and it also matters how the patient feels and looks. She said Alec looks great, feels great, and is otherwise so healthy, so lets just enjoy and not stress about scans. Amen to that!

Thank you all for your prayers and support. We are both feeling really good about things lately, and that's what its all about, one day at a time and enjoying every moment!

Love,

Heather, Alec,
Millie, Bam







1 comment:

  1. I love getting your updates. You write a great journal ! Please know you are in our daily prayers...all THREE OF YOU. It's SO exciting waiting for babies to arrive. I'm glad we don't know what you or Tina are going to have Boy or Girl....just a healthy good baby that's what we are prayng for. (I keep thinking Tina is having a boy... I'm not sure about you yet. I'll let you know when I get a feeling one way or the other) I AM sure both babies will be beautiful...how can they miss look at their parents! Love, Mary C

    ReplyDelete