Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring in KBPT

It's official...Spring is here! How do I know? Take a look at the photos below and you will see a few signs of Spring at the Cyr house hold...

First of all, Alec is coming out of hibernation...he sort of "let himself go" these past few months. A shave, some sunshine and a little socializing will do him good.

He even forgot how to open the peanut butter jar, winters in Maine are tough I tell ya.

Next sign of Spring...Check out our MUDDY driveway! Yikes, it is hard not to get stuck in this. Good thing I got some new rubber LL Bean boots for Christmas.

And Lastly, Millie's sock collection is starting to show up now that the snow is melting. So far, 6 socks have been recovered (she buries them in the dirt but sometimes I will see a little white coming through) and I am sure there are many more. Anyone who has stayed over night knows about her sock obsession. Within minutes, she is in your bag, digging out your socks and bringing them to you, and it always catches people off guard "Wait, are those my socks? How did she get those?" Unfortunately, if she makes it outside with them it is usually a recovery rather than a rescue and the socks are no longer wearable. We do not know how she sneaks them out of the house and decided we need to perform cavity checks from now on. It will be interesting to see how many baby clothes she will sneak out and try to bury.

Here is Alec; project manager of the roof...its a rough job. The house looks fab, Alec and I are both super excited and relieved that we now do not have to worry about leakage or any other roof issues, like I said, not the best way to spend our tax returns, but it was worth it. If anyone needs a new roof we highly recommend these guys, they were awesome, super reasonable (5K less than one quote we got) and they were very fast and did a really nice job.

Before we had major curling and the roof was a reddish brown.




We went with a grayer color, that I was unsure of at first, but now happy with it.









We had a very low key weekend, I think I over did it the past few weeks and I became run down and felt lousy Sunday which was a bummer because I missed a shower. It is hard for me to remember (because I feel so good) I am not just one person anymore and I need to slow it down sometimes, there is a little Bam taking up a lot of my energy! We were able to attend church, which I needed like I need air. Sometimes I can get a tad overwhelmed with all that we have going on and I hate to complain or vent so going to church literally gives me that time to reflect and really pray. I actually felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders once it was over, it washes away all my worries and stress and gives me the strength to get through the next week. And I think it does Alec some good too :)

Alec had chemo today and things were just fine. The scan will be next Tuesday, but Dr. Allen said since every thing is going so well, (Alec feels great, his blood work is perfect, etc) that she is hopeful we will get some good news, good news being; stabalization, better news would be stablized, shrinkage and necrosed cells.


We just have to hope and pray for the best and trust in God that he will get us through whatever lies ahead.

Thank you for the continued prayers and support, we are so blessed and grateful.


Love,


Heather, Alec, Millie & Bam

No comments:

Post a Comment