Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

So Grateful

Wow, we feel so lucky today. Thank you to our family and friends for a beautiful shower this past weekend. I actually could not sleep last night because I was so excited and having all this baby stuff in the house makes it feel so real!

It was overwhelming to walk into a room filled with so many friends and family who mean so much to us. It has been quite the journey and we could not be more grateful for the love and support we have received by all.

It was made clear yesterday that this baby is loved so much already even though he or she still has 7 more weeks before the debut! Babies sure do come with a lot of gear, and I don't think we have to buy a single item after yesterday. Car seats, strollers, bibs, bottles, books, you name it, Bam got it, unbelievable! I must admit, my favorite gift was the rocking chair that Jill made for us. We had been looking for a chair and have found nothing, everything looked so manufactured. She took an old chair from our great aunts house when she moved and restored it, it looks amazing and I was so surprised! I cant wait to put it in the nursery and take some pictures. It will look perfect.

Alec and I both agree that having a baby was the best decision we have ever made, it has given us so much to look forward to and really has been our light on some otherwise very dark days. Talk about something worth fighting for. Having a baby has been a breeze so far, I am not sure if it is my perspective or if it really has been that easy, but I have not been able to complain yet. I feel 100% every day and we are both in complete awe of the miracle taking place!

It was such a perfect day and I could not have asked for more! (besides a few more whoopie pies). Thank you Mom, Jill and Tina for throwing such a great party (you sure are getting good at this!) To all our Family, Feehan friends, Salve friends, and my Mom's KP friends, thank you for making yesterday so special and for the beautiful gifts, it was an unforgettable day and we feel incredibly blessed. We could not have gone through any of this without you, each and every one means so much to us and you all have such a special place in our lives and hearts! This is going to be one lucky baby. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

With much love and gratitude,

Heather, Alec, Bam and Millie

"My whole life is turned around, I was lost, now I am found. A baby changes everything" - Faith Hill song

1 comment:

  1. Heather! I am soooooo happy for you guys! Sounds like you had an amazing day!!!!!!! :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete