Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Patiently Waiting

I have learned over the last year and a half that patience is not one of my virtues. In fact, my Mom told me once that I was the most impatient person she knew...ME!?? I never. But to be perfectly honest, while I am very excited to meet Bam and find out if its a boy or girl, I feel at peace with things, and when he or she is ready, I will be too. This type of waiting is a million times easier than waiting on say...scan results. Maybe I have learned to manage my patience after all. And like I said at church yesterday, if the baby is anything like its parents...it will be late!

Last week in Providence flew by, and was a lot of fun. It was great to see all of my co-workers, whom I only get to see a few times a year. As long as I could keep my cankles elevated and did not stay out too late, I was in good shape. We ate lots of delicious meals and enjoyed Providence, the city has come along way since our college clubbin days!


My team, and Liz, my BFF from Salve is the newest member! So happy to see her all week! Who would have thought we would be working together and talking about cervix's, HPV and pre term-labor for a living?!

I know Alec and Millie missed me, and poor Alec admitted he did not separate from his phone for even a second, fearing that I would call him screaming my water broke or something. All and all it was a great distraction and I am really glad I went!

We had a very low key weekend, I was so tired and the rainy weather doesn't help. We went for a few walks during the breaks from the rain. And went to church and out to eat Sunday night, every thing we do I mention how "this could be the last time as just the 3 of us" (of course I include Millie as the third). I think Alec is onto me, he knows I am just saying it to get us out to eat, or out for an ice cream...one last time.

The countdown is on...and bets too. Will Tina and Bob be first? Or will it be little Bam? Is it going to be a girl...or a boy!? We are so happy for Meg and Mike who had a little boy named Luke last week. Meg said it was the best surprise ever and there is no feeling like it. We can't wait!

My next entry will hopefully be about the best day of our lives!

We promise to keep everyone posted and as soon as there is any news, we will let you all know! Alec has chemo tomorrow, and I have an OB appointment, we wouldn't mind if tomorrow was the day (especially with the rainy weather, why not be in the hospital for a few days!)

Thank you for all the prayers! We feel so blessed and can not wait to meet little baby!

Love,

Heather, Alec Millie & Bam

No comments:

Post a Comment