Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

To All the Baby Mommas

Happy Mothers Day!!!



We hope all you Moms, Grandmas, and Aunts had a wonderful Mothers Day!

I was wishing that things would move quickly, and I would be a mother by today, but it looks like we are going to have to wait. Apparently, I am close enough, to qualify, Alec bought me a nice, comfy, new robe (with pockets full of chocolates!). My Mom got me some new shoes and from Jill new PJ's, I could get used to this day! Alec's Mom gave us a few more adorable outfits for the baby, so precious!

Now that the days are warmer and longer, it seems like our weekends go by so much faster, how is that possible? My parents came up Saturday night, followed by Alec's Mom and sister Sunday morning and then Jill and Brian in the afternoon. We enjoyed the beautiful sunshine and Alec cooked us a delicious lobster and steamer dinner. First lobsters of the season were awesome, so stuffed with meat we had a hard time cracking them open.



Jill brought Maker up for the day. Millie, Finn and Maker have so much fun together, it makes for a much more lively party with 3 dogs. As we were sitting around after dinner, Brian picked up a sweet potato and commented how it kind of resembled Maker. We all totally agreed, sorry Makes, but you look like a potato...





Alec is feeling much better since chemo last week, just a few days of feeling yucky and he is back to himself. Something we can totally deal with if it means keeping the cancer at bay. I think I must be close to delivery time because I have even more energy and cant stop cleaning, I suppose that is the "nesting" phase we are said to go through.

I am taking off to Providence Tuesday for our quarterly Hologic POA (Plan Of Action) meeting. I can tell you what my POA is: to have a baby and take 3 months of summer OFF! I figure I do have an excuse to stay home, but why cut into my vacation or maternity time if I am just going to be sitting around a conference room all day? Alec will certainly be on stand by, and if I need a ride to MGH I have Liz, Deb or Lisa who have all volunteered. I am in good hands as always.

We all went to church this morning, and as always it was a beautiful service. What touched me the most is when one member read this poem...


A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"

"Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."

God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."

Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"

God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

"Who will protect me?"

God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking it's life."

"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."

"You will simply call her, 'Mom.'"

-Author Unknown


With all the babies born in the past few months, and those still to come, I had to share it. I hope all the Moms out there had a wonderful weekend. I am sure there is nothing quite like it and I can not wait!

We are keeping Meg and Mike in our prayers, they are going in for a c-section tomorrow morning! We cant wait to hear what they have, so exciting! Good luck you two!

I am so thankful to my Mom, I would be lost without her. I know when I suffer, she suffers more and when I am happy, she is even happier. I saw this quote and thought of her, especially pertaining to all we have been through...

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."

-Washington Irving

Love you Mom!

Thank you for all the prayers and support. We are so very blessed in so many ways.

Love,

Heather, Alec, Millie and Bam!

No comments:

Post a Comment