Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

35...59...63

35...years my parents have been married (Happy Anniversary on January 20th!)

59...years old, my Mom turned yesterday, Happy Birthday Mom/Gammy!

and 63...years old, my Dad turns tomorrow!  Happy Birthday Dad/Papa!

I really do not think my Dad looks 63, or my Mom 59.  I hope I have their genes when it comes to aging...oh wait I do!  Lucky Me!

Chase and I are blessed to have Gammy and Papa...I have never seen a child more in love with his Grandparents. He adores his Gammy and idolizes his Papa.  We are beyond spoiled and lucky to have both my parents and Alec's Mom, "Mimi" (whom Chase also adores and loves like crazy)  for grandparents.  It is a very special bond...one that I was fortunate enough to have with both sets of grandparents, something I now realize that not every child has. Grandparents are a gift, they are the ones that never say no, always come with treats and toys and can literally "spoil" their grandchildren rotten.

When Gammy, Papa or Mimi are around, I basically don't exist (ahem...this weekend).  I am an after thought, I am the one who gives that look when I see Papa giving him even more candy or Gammy sneaking him his third cookie or Mimi buying him yet another toy.  I am the face that Chase wants nothing to do with, I am the one who may say "no!"  But it is all perfectly OK with me, I am happy to be the one in the background when the Grandparents are around, Chase deserves all that special attention...and so do they.

It makes my heart happy knowing that Chase has such a special set of people in his life.  There is nothing like the love of a Grandparent.

Happy 35 years!
Happy Birthdays!
Thank you for all you do for us!   We love you very, very much!


Happy Birthday Gammy!!

Happy Birthday Papa!  

"Grandma always made you feel like she was waiting to see just you all day, and now the day was complete."  Marcy DeMaree

"The only thing better than having you as our Dad, is our children having you as a Papa." - Unknown

"A Grandchild fills a space in your heart you never knew was empty"  - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment