Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Years Resloution.

Jill and I started our own little blog, we aren't really sure what it's about yet, (some posts are about nail polish, some about grieving, there's even one about lamps)  and we don't feel ready to share with family and friends, (simply because we feel like complete dorks).  But I absolutely loved her post and had to share it...I think it's the best way to start the new year...here is what she wrote...

New Years Resolution

I always have a hard time thinking of a New Years Resolution.  I work out regularly, I eat healthy, I don't smoke and I don't have any other bad habits that I would like to kick.

Instead of making a silly resolution that you won't stick to anyway, try choosing a word and living life by that word.

Heather's word is grateful.  As she mentioned in her last post she even has it tattooed on her wrist. She lives her life gratefully and reflects on how blessed she is daily.  It is an inspiring way to live, and it's fun to watch.  She takes advantage of every moment, she and Chase are always doing something fun and exciting.  Living a grateful life is living a good life.

I have two words I can't choose between...Believe and Hope.  In the New Year I need to believe that things will get better and that we will have our happy ending.  Also Hope is very important to me this year, I honestly believe that if we didn't have hope that we would not be where we are today.  I have hope that we will survive this and that we will have more children and that we will be happy again someday. 







hope
hōp/
noun

  1. 1.
    a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
    "he looked through her belongings in the hope of coming across some information"
    synonyms:aspirationdesirewishexpectationambitionaimgoalplandesignMore














  2. 2.
    archaic
    a feeling of trust.
verb

  1. 1.
    want something to happen or be the case.
    "he's hoping for an offer of compensation"
    synonyms:expectanticipate, look for, be hopeful of, pin one's hopes on, wantMore

Don't worry Mom, I am not getting a new tattoo, but I do want to get it in my house. I really love this site . This woman will take any word you want and make it into a scripted little piece of art.

"We're it not for hope, the heart would break."  Scottish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment