Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Baby it's Cold Outside!



Brrr....it has been soooooo cold!  And now, we are up to our eyeballs in snow!  I love winter, I love snow, but when it's any number below 0, forget it!  What good is the snow if we can't even go outside and play in it!!?  

Anything above 9 degrees is my threshold for playing outside.  We went running in 12 the other day and sledding in 15 today.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 27 which will feel like a heat wave!  Maybe I should get my bathing suit out!? 

My sisters, Mom and I have always said we were "solar powered" we need the sun, or else...
For me, I get annoyed, antsy, bored out of my mind, etc.  I wish I could be a person who enyoyed staying inside from time to time, reading a good book, watching movies all day.  But I am not.  I need to be outside, and need a good healthy dose of sunshine and excersise at least once a day.  This last week was rough, I couldn't wait till 5:00 pm so I could have a glass of wine, after spending the day with Chase, cooped up in the house, I'm lucky I didn't drink more than wine and more than 2 glasses!  

As soon as the temps allow, we are outside.  Sledding, xcountry skiing or snowshoeing.  And Chase, loves winter and everything that goes with it.  He eats the snow, rolls around in it, wants to hike through it and he is a little dare devil on his sled, wanting to go alone, backwards, upside down, spinning around.  It makes me wonder what I may be in store for in the future.  If he's anything like his Dad, I'm in trouble...climbing up Mt. Washington in January so he could snowboard down it...sometimes with friends, sometimes alone, yeah, I'm sure Chase will be following in his footsteps in which case I'm in BIG trouble.

All I know is I am grateful for having a very warm house to come inside to, and grateful for hot coco, pottery barn furry blankets, and the NH liquor store for the cases of red wine I buy with no tax ;)...all of which are necessities to get through winter.  And most grateful for my little snow buddy, who loves winter in Maine as much as his Momma (who loves summers in Maine 100x more) but winter is pretty fun too!  
















No comments:

Post a Comment