Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

So long 2010!

Happy New Year! I have never looked forward to a new year beginning as I did 2011. After Battling 2 cancers, 3 surgeries and months and months of chemo and radiation, we are both very glad to say goodbye to 2010. Of course we have many wonderful memories of friends and family (especially over the summer) it is still nice to bring this year to a close. 2011 is going to be our year, I just know it.


We rang in the new year in Portland with my parents. Alec's 35th Birthday was on December 30th (I always feel so bad for people who have December birthdays, especially that close to Christmas!) I had given him tickets to the Bob Marley (yes, he has the same name as Bob the reggae guy) comedy show in Portland on New Years Eve. I have never been to a comedy show and Bob was hilarious, he is from Maine and makes fun of Mainahs, it was wicked funny. We laughed for an hour straight, I was actually a little nervous for Alec since laughing can sometimes still be painful, but he was just fine, after all, laughter is the best medicine!


On New Years Day, he somehow got me out of bed at 7 and we met up with Tom and his girlfriend up at a lake in Poland, Maine for a few hours of ice fishing. Ice fishing is the most boring fishing ever and I was a nervous nelly worrying about the ice not being thick enough. 6 inches just doesn't seem like it would hold that much weight. Alec kept trying to convince me that he could bring his truck out on the ice...I think I would rather not test that theory. We didn't have a single nibble, which makes it even boring-er.


2011 is already off to a great start and we thank you all for being there for us in 2010. We could not have made it through without the love, support and prayers from all our family and friends. We are looking forward to a year filled with HOPE and MIRACLES.

Thank you and here's to a HEALTHY, HAPPY, NEW YEAR!!!

XOXO

Love,

Heather, Alec and Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment