Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

WWFD!?

We had such a great Saturday night celebrating my Dad's 60th Birthday! Thank you to all who could make it. We managed to totally surprise him, which made it so much more fun. He had NO CLUE. He walked into the bar and when we yelled surprise he turned around to see if someone was behind him. Totally shocked! It was great.

There were close to 50 people who came and it was a great to spend time with family who we don't get to see very often and meet some of his work guys and NASCAR buddies.

We gave out koozies as party favors (what could be more approproiate for my Dad!?)



The theme of the party seemed to be WWFD? As in, What Would Frank Do? To explain what that meant, we placed little notes in each koozie that read the following:

We are so thankful to you all for coming to celebrate 60 years of being Frank! It is so hard to believe that Dad is 60 and a Grandfather! We have a hard time keeping up with him…the man never stops! Hiking in Bar Harbor he is always the leader of the pack and nothing ever slows him down. The three of us girls have always had such high expectations of any guy that came into our life. Whether it was fixing, building or cooking something no one ever seemed to do it like Dad could, so much so that on a camping trip with the three of us girls and a bunch of friends, we came up with the phrase WWFD or What Would Frank Do? It became a phrase that we commonly used around the DeMarco household. With two of us now married and one engaged, the phrase still comes up once in a while, but we think we all did a pretty good job of marrying men who meet our expectations of what a guy should be able to do based on our Dad. So next time you find yourself struggling with a problem, ask yourself “WWFD?”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! We love you with all our hearts and thank you for being the best father a girl (and Finn) could ask for!

Love,
Your Girls


Dad and his girls.



















Alec had chemo last Friday and things went well. While there, I got to meet Caitlin and Brian's new baby, Georgia who was born on 1/26. On our way home we stopped and met Lyss and Steve's baby, Sofia, born on 1/20. They are both perfect little angels! I had this moment of...wow, that little person was just in a belly, then it is dressed in clothes and taken home and a whole new life begins. It really is a miracle. My old manager and his wife also had a baby girl named Stella last week on 1/27. I do believe the Baby Boom for 2011 has begun! Congrats to all of the families! Next up is Catherine and Jay due in April!

Alec is feeling OK, just dealing with the usual side effects of chemo. It didn't stop him from finishing up the crown molding on the new door, going out and having fun Saturday night or ice fishing all yesterday. Some how I was out ice fishing Sunday too, it seemed warm when we left in the morning, but the wind was terrible. Alec's sisters came with us and we did have a good time, but I did not leave the ice shack. I was in there all day. When I got bored I asked him to keep us entertained, and he sure did. He and Tam put on a sort of a puppet show from the outside of the shack while Charlotte and I laughed our frozen butts off. And, no, we did not even catch a single fish, nor did we have a lousy bite.

Alec pretending to stab Tam with a sword, see what we have to do to keep ourselves entertained up here in Maine!!!



I woke up this morning and saw the weather report for the week, and what do you know? Another flippin snow storm! (I only use words like flippin when I am REALLY MAD). We were planning on leaving for Florida Wednsday morning at 6 am, when I saw the report I almost had a melt down. I seriously never get riled up over stuff like this, I mean in the scheme of things, its so small. But COME ON! GIVE US A BREAK! I did NOT have a good morning, I was sulking and feeling so mad and knew our flight would be cancelled. I called Jet Blue and asked about flights during a snow storm. The rep said as soon as we saw on the website "winter advisory" to call and we could change our flights for free. I had both Jill and Alec checking the website (I was working and without internet). As soon as it came up both called me and I changed the flight for tomorrow at 6:00am!!! WOOHOO! I was so happy, now, if the snow would just hold off until 7 or so we can get out of here! I have been checking the weather in Pompano Beach for the past 10 days, bought some new clothes and to even think that we would be stuck in the airport could have put me in a mental institute. Go figure, after all that we have gone through that is what almost did me in.

We are off to Florida (God willing) tomorrow and coming back in a week. No laptops, no email, just some SUN and virgin pina cool-adas. Thank you again to John and Katie for hooking us up, we are SO LUCKY and SO THANKFUL.

Thank you all for your love and prayers, especially the last few weeks. Every prayer, email, card, text, call, means so much. It is what keeps us going. Erin sent us a card today and she quoted Robert Schuller;

"Impossible situations can become possible miracles"

Love,

Heather, Alec
Millie and Bam

No comments:

Post a Comment