Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Change of plans...again.

Looks like we will be shacking up here for a little while longer. Dr. Allen came over today to check on Alec and she must have liked what she saw. She thinks that we should move forward with the lung surgery this week. She gave Alec the choice, but it did not take much convincing. I think he just wants it over with and since he is here and out of it, why not just finish it. I stand behind whatever he feels up to. I think he is feeling a little better today, he cracked a few jokes and went for a walk tonight around the floor. I tried to catch up to him and he started to shuffle a little faster, exposing his bum cheeks (on purpose) and I haven't laughed that much in a week! Don't worry, no one else was in the hallway.

One of the most annoying parts of being in a hospital is sharing a room. He has had two total goofs as roomates. The first guy was here for a gall bladder removal and would not stop whining about his pain. All the while Alec is laying next to him with an incision about 2 feet long and his liver gone. I called him Jersey Shore as he sat in bed with a wife beater, gold chain gelled hair, scratching away at scratch tickets and was on the phone all night making bets! Once we got rid of him, another wimp was moved in. This guy was in a car accident and I swear he just likes the food or attention and he wont leave! The nurses tried to get him to go home and he is refusing. His cell phone has not stopped ringing and his ring tone is the beginning of the NFL...I swear I am about to throw it out the window. Every time someone calls or stops by he says that MGH want to keep him here and maybe he could go home tomorrow. I want to peek around the corner and say.."Dude, go home! They want you to go home you big wuss!" He is a cop and I think he is really milking it. Good thing he cant see me roll my eyes through the curtain. It is just hard, Alec has not complained once and he is so tough. The doctors keep saying it too, damn, your tough. And, I just want it quiet for him so he can get the rest he needs. I keep asking if it bothers him and he says no, as soon as they do I will wheel him out into another room myself.

Alec just had a very odd food request, sesame tofu, salt and vinegar chips, and chocolate chip cookies. I think he must be feeling a little better!

I will update as soon as I know when surgery is going to be, they are thinking either Wednesday or Thursday.

Thank you all for the prayers! Today was a better day and he is on the mend.
Love,

Heather & Alec

No comments:

Post a Comment