Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Third times a charm!

Alec just went in to the OR for his lung surgery. Dr. Waine came in last night and discussed the operation with us. He said while it sounds a lot simpler than last weeks surgery, recovery is still going to be very difficult. He is going to have trouble breathing, and it will set him back significantly. He let Alec sleep on it, whether or not he wanted to move forward today or in December. All I said to Alec was "Dr. Allen thinks you can handle it, and she has known you for over a year now, knows how much you can take and how tough you are." We trust her and feel that although the recovery is going to be hard, especially with him still recovering from the liver, we may as well get it done. Rather than having to go back through this in December, Alec decided this morning to finish it this week. Since the surgery was not supposed to happen, Dr. Waine had to find time today. He said maybe late morning, maybe this afternoon or maybe tonight. Luckily, the OR nurse came to get get him at about 10:30 so we do not have to sit around anxiously waiting all day and night. So here we are again, our third time waiting in the Gray Family waiting area. I looked around and thought, this is de-ja-vu...vu.

Walking away from him this time, I just whispered to God, Please, God, let this be it. I just do not know how much more one can take. I said to Alec before leaving, "Third times a charm right!" My heart just breaks knowing he has to go through this again, but I keep thinking of parents, and having a young child who has cancer, and if they can get through it, so can we.


Millie and Maker at the beach this am in Southie! She is learning to like the city, but I think she is ready to go home and see her Daddy.

I will update when we know more. I have no idea how long this one will take. Thinking about 3-4 hours with a couple hour recovery, but I always seem to be wrong.

Thank you for your prayers! Every call, text, email, visits, it all means so much.

Love,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment