Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

On the Mend

Alec is feeling a little better every day. He is moving around easily now, but still gets really tired and winded. He even takes little walks up and down the driveway every few hours. I can not believe how far he has come in such a short amount of time. I asked him last night how he was doing, mentally, with everything he just went through (it has to take a toll on a person). His response was "Heath, I am fine, I am a fighter". And that was that.

I even had trouble getting off the couch this weekend. I think I was just emotionally spent and physically exhausted. I took 3 naps (I NEVER take naps!) and it felt good. I did take Millie for two long walks to the beach, its amazing how a little salt air can clear your head and rejuvenate the soul. Millie certainly was happy to be back at Goose Rocks Beach! She ran up and down the beach and even went for a swim. Alec's best friends, John and Jaime stopped in for a few hours on Sunday and it was really great to see them, I think Alec enjoyed the company. Jack, their 5 year old went to school today with his blue "Believe" bracelet on and told his teacher he was wearing a "special bracelet and he cant take it off"...How cute!

We are looking forward to Thanksgiving with our families this week. I am making the turkey and the rest will be a team effort. I can not wait! We have so much to be thankful for!

Thank you for the prayers and support. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and time with family. Every day is a blessing :)

Love,

Heather, Alec & Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment