Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

So much to be Thankful for!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We sure did, it was so nice and relaxing. Alec's family came down and my family came up. All 9 of us fit comfortably around the table while the 3 dogs sat underneath it waiting for someone to drop some turkey. Alec said Grace and it was beautiful. He thanked God for getting us through the last few weeks, for each other, for our friends, family, the team at MGH, Bam, our home and the food we were about to eat. When you add it all up, we truly do have so much to be thankful for.
Thanks to the Lombardos for the beautiful centerpiece, it made the table!
I made the turkey and it was delish, I think the hardest part of cooking the turkey is pulling out its neck and gizzards...YUCK! Then we all pitched in with the fixins. My favorites...Jill's sweet potato pie, Mom's cornbread stufffin and Auntie K's cranberry bread. Doesn't get any better than that!


Friday my Mom, Jill and I headed out to shop, not black Friday style, but to our favorite store...Mardens! We each spent about $75, on what, we still aren't sure yet! But we had fun and lets just say not too many people shop at Mardens on black Friday. I swear some of the stuff has been there since 1982. Jill found a true gem, a sewing book circa 1975 with lots of funny photos, we had a good laugh.

Friday afternoon we headed to the Christmas tree farm and under 5 minutes picked our tree and cut it down. Since my Dad had gone home, we were lucky to have Alec's friend Tom visiting and he chopped down the tree and carried it into the house and put it up for us. Although Alec is feeling good, carrying a tree would be on his list of things not to do over the next few months!


I decorated the tree last night and it looks so pretty. I think people with colored lights on the tree are a dying breed, but I love it and want it the way it was when we were growing up. Alec refuses to let me put up any tinsel...I think I will crack him someday, or maybe I will put our kids up to it.

Today, Alec, Millie and I went for a little walk on the beach! It was such a beautiful day and the first time he has been to GRB in a few weeks. We walked slowly but he felt good and wants to go again tomorrow morning.



John and Jaime sent us these photos of their children wearing the "Believe" bracelets that the Lombardos had made for us, I thought they were SO CUTE!

Alex and Ellie, checking out their new bling.

Cool, they like them.

Alec is Alex's Godfather!

Alex, Ellie and big brother Jack. Jack, John and Alec had gone fishing a few months ago. Jack loves to fish and hunt...a true Maine Man in the making!

We are so Thankful for all of you and for everything we do have. Thank you for the everlasting love and support. We are so blessed and not a day goes by that we do not thank God for that.

Love,

Heather, Alec &
Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment